*Closed : Femtech Fes! Coordinator
- Femtech Fes! Coordinator / フェムテックフェスコーディネーター
- Global Business Manager
What is fermata?
fermata is Asia’s leading market-entry service provider and market place focused on femtech, an industry projected to reach the global market size of 60 billion USD by 2027. The growth of products and services aimed at improving women’s health and wellness are increasing in some markets more than others. In Asia, users face unique challenges in accessing and understanding solutions due to cultural, linguistic and regulatory hurdles. With a mission to ‘turn taboos into triumphs’ fermata acts as an essential bridge between femtech innovators outside of Japan, and stakeholders in Japan.
fermata management member (CEO Amina Sugimoto, CCO Hiroko Nakamura, COO Kana Kondo)
Every year, fermata hosts Asia’s largest femtech industry conference, Femtech Fes!
This multi-day conference features the latest direct-to-consumer products and medical services in women's healthcare at every stage of development to raise awareness and engagement in a growing industry. With +1400 attendees, 157 companies from 27 countries exhibiting, the event sold out all advanced reservations last year and is anticipated to grow even more in 2022.
This position provides a rare opportunity to meet global femtech industry leaders and be a part of shaping Japan’s largest platform dedicated to innovation in women’s health. The Femtech Fes! Coordinator role is project-focused, with the scope of work being focused in a six month sprint (May to October 2022).
Alongside a women-led startup team at the forefront of changing the culture around women’s wellness in Japan, you will support the planning and execution of an industry conference (estimated 200 participating companies and over 2,500 attendees) by recruiting exhibitors, sponsors, and speakers from overseas.
- Reaching out to and building relationships with companies based outside of Japan
- Pitch Femtech Fes! participation and sponsorship to companies based outside of Japan
- Confirm exhibitors, sponsors, and speakers’ participation in Femtech Fes!
- Coordinate pre-event logistics for event participants (e.g. booking flights and accomodations)
- Sharing weekly progress with the Femtech Fes! Team
- Coordinate logistics for participants during the event
- Supporting the execution of services for sponsors (e.g. conducting surveys, focus groups, etc.)
- Write up and share an event report for exhibitors
- Write up and share an event report for sponsors
- Ensure smooth transition of communication to the Global Business Team
- Native-level English
- Strong experience organizing successful events
- Clear communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong project management experience in fast-paced (ideally startup) environment
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving ability
- Interest in femtech, healthtech or an eagerness to learn
- Ability to work flexible schedules to accommodate stakeholders in different timezones
- Japanese language skills ideal but not required
- Client-facing experience
- Skilled negotiator
- Experience using Jotform, Airtable, Canva, Slack, G-Suite
Working Hours and Location
- Duration: May to October 2022
- Able to attend weekly in-person meetings in Roppongi, Tokyo
- Available for in-person event preparation, execution, and follow up in Roppongi during September 26th to October 21st
- Subcontractor (業務委託契約)
- To be determined (dependent on candidate’s experience and availability)
- Transportation covered
Please contact the following address with your resume and work history.