Global Business Development Representative
While women's lifestyles and work styles are diversifying, issues related to women's unique life stages still tend to be taboo. In this context, a new industry called "Femtech" has emerged, offering solutions for women's concerns and anxieties; many of these solutions have yet to reach Japan. fermata's vision is to "turn taboos into triumphs". Since its founding in 2019, fermata has developed a diverse range of businesses that contribute to the creation of a femtech market in Asia and Japan. We have built partnerships with international femtech hubs and a network of over 2,000 companies worldwide that aim to improve women's quality of life.
Our international team's expertise in public health, community development, and other fields has helped us grow to the point where we are referred to as the leader in this field in Asia.
*Detailed Company profile
About this role
As a member of the Global Business team, this position is responsible for sales and project management of consulting services for fermata's overseas clients. The Global Business Development team is made up of the CEO, Senior Manager, Associate, and fermata Singapore team. Specific duties include the following:
- Lead generation and contract negotiation with new clients (fermata clients are femtech/healthtech companies seeking to expand their services to the APAC region)
- Generate sales by securing new clients that require fermata services
- Oversee market research and localization projects for overseas clients
- Work alongside the Senior Manager and report to the CEO
-At least 3 years of experience in any of the following :
• Consulting (strategy, business development, human resource development, etc.)
• New business development (trading companies, manufacturers, etc.)
• Sales of intangible products (human resources, training, workshops, etc.)
- native-level English fluency
Nice to haves
- Japanese language skills (written/speaking)
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience with product launch or product localization
- Experience at a consulting firm (experience pitching and implementing a variety of servies to clients of various backgrounds)
What we look for in a person
- Comfortable in a Japanese-language team (The Global Business Development team communicates in English, but the fermata team primarily communicates in Japanese)
- Genuine interest in the femtech industry, and innovations that improve women's health
- Independent (can manage own tasks and report progress cleary to team)
- Proactive (can foresee obstacles, tasks and works to mitigate them before they become issues)
8 hours per day (including 1 hour break), 5 days per week
*Two days off per week
*Flexible working hours may be applied upon consultation
*Some remote work is possible upon consultation.
Employment & Salary
*Commissioned work can be started according to your request.
Target 5.5~7M yen
*To be determined upon consultation depending on experience and working style
Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays
*with an upper limit (30,000 yen per month)
Please contact the following address with your resume and work history.